The SIS Global Retail & Distribution solution is designed to empower midsized and enterprise retailers with a seamless and differentiating solution for Point-of-Sale (POS), Store Operations, Omni-channel Management, eCommerce, Merchandising, CRM and ERP. This will enable them to gain insight, operate with agility, exceed consumer expectations, and build enduring loyalty, all with superior time to value.
Unlike retail software built to solve the problems of the past, the SIS Global Retail & Distribution solutions delivers powerful, role-tailored, crosschannel scenarios seamlessly through a modern, unified technology offering. This reduces complexity for retailers, allowing them to focus on what matters most: empowering their employees to drive productivity and deliver the personalized customer service that differentiates in today’s marketplace.
A single commerce run-time engine gives full visibility and management control across your channels: brick and mortar store, eCommerce site, mobile, social commerce, and more.
Cross-channel scenarios—“buy online/pick up in store” enhance customer convenience.
Retail channel integration with online marketplaces and stores creates new opportunities for sales, customer interaction and feedback.
Sites enable product/service quotes, recruiting, ad promotion, and more in the cloud.
Integrate assortment and category management with online channels.
Centralized POS terminal management includes visual and functional profiles, user interface layouts, and employee permissions.
Consistent store/ERP data model and business rules facilitate accurate, timely data.
Powerful data replication helps ensure critical updates across the organization: configurable, flexible inventory and financial updates, sales order payments, gift card usage, and issuance/use of loyalty points.
Manage staff at the store, regional, and global levels with flexible tools.
Optimize for profitability with pricing flexibility: flexible discounts, coupons, group/item/customer discounts, mix-and-match, and buy-one-get-one scenarios.
Take advantage of powerful assortment management including creation, scheduling, tracking, leveraging n-level deep item hierarchies and category management
Provide customers with choice and flexibility of delivery with agile in- and outbound processes:
- Increase effectiveness with advanced picking strategies including cluster picking.
- Efficiently put away inbound goods with advanced put away strategies.
- Increase flexibility by configuring workflows without coding for put-away and picking activities. Use filter capabilities to determine the custom workflow.
- Provide warehouse workers with material handling instructions based on the system or directed by the user (task interleaving).
- Process waves: automatic, manual, batch-time scheduled, filtering and grouping, and container calculations packaging.
- Support for cross-docking and pick/pack.
- Improve tracking and tracing of goods with registration of serial numbers in picking process as well as batch number support with picking strategies and putaway, based on expiry date.
- Optimize transportation loads with containerization of shipments including auto volume and weight calculations.
- Manage sales order returns using warehouse workflow.
Lower inventory costs with advanced inventory allocation:
- Replenish inventory in picking locations based on picking, min/max, and transportation load-based replenishment.
- Use flexible location directives to organize your warehouse layout.
- Improve your customer service level with real-time visibility into inventory using the inventory dimensions including license plates.
- Account for inventory with multiple cycle counting strategies including threshold cycle counting for picking, cycle counting plans, zero quantity on hand cycle counting, and ad-hoc cycle counting using filtering.
- Access advanced property control for warehouse locations, control of mixed items, mixed batch numbers, mixed inventory statuses, thresholds, location allocations, and advanced volume or amount based multi-unit setup for putaway limits calculations.
- Segregate inventory including quarantine, and advanced control of inventory status.
- Increase quality of material handling with Radio Frequency (RF) support:
Support material handling within the warehouse with browser-based mobile handheld RF-devices.
- Create mobile handheld device menus from within Microsoft Dynamics AX including creation of new menus for each user or user groups, change layout and colors, and error log and actions.
- Use warehouse operation in manufacturing organizations:
Raw material picking and report-as-finished support.
Enable intuitive transportation planning:
- Inbound/outbound shipments.
- Multi-shipment loads.
- Shipment consolidation.
- Load building.
Send advanced shipping notices to customers and manage docks with appointment scheduling:
- Driver check-in/check-out.
- Driver log management.
Shop transportation rates, by carriers. Configure rating structures based on:
- Customer constraints.
- Fuel prices (by state, country/region).
- Toll charges.
- Multi-mode and multi-segment planning and execution.
Manage routes via transportation engines.
Reconcile freight automatically or manually.
Identify trends and offer personalized service with access to real-time, actionable data.
Use shared document repositories to maintain a comprehensive history of the customer, from initial contact through subsequent interactions, and make it available throughout the organisation
Replenish seamlessly across any channel based on strategy or need.
Manage inventory transfers & intercompany flows with an end-to-end view.
Comprehensively manage purchasing, requisition, and replenishment processes.
Optimize purchasing and replenishment: purchase quantities based on size, color, and style; use replenishment processes, including cross-docking, to suggest item distribution between stores, with immediate transfer journal updates.
Forecast demand with statistical baseline forecast generation based on historical data. This includes the ability to exclude outliers from the forecast to improve accuracy. Forecast generation uses algorithms from Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. Algorithms include the ARTXP algorithm (optimized for predicting the next likely value in a series) and the ARIMA algorithm (to improve accuracy for long-term prediction).
Support an iterative forecasting process with baseline forecast visualization and editing using the extended capabilities of Excel and SharePoint. Import the edited forecast back into Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Create forecasts by product family and choose desired inventory dimensions to include in the forecast.
Forecast accurately by monitoring forecast accuracy KPIs.
Create a product change case and add associated artifacts to the product change case.
- Released products.
- Bills of materials.
Identify impacted artifacts and add them to the product change case.
Add comments to the product change case log.
View relevant product change cases.
Validate the completeness and consistency of the product change case.
Manage the coordinated release of product changes:
- Expire old BOM versions, formula versions and route versions.
- Approve new BOMs, formulas and routes.
- Approve and activate new BOM versions, formula versions and route versions.
Track serial numbers on packing slip, invoice, return orders, and credit notes.
Trace serial numbers to sales orders and return orders.
Reduce the amount of inventory transactions related to serial numbers.
Simplify on-hand tracking for serialized items.
Capture serial numbers using bar code scanners.
Capture serial numbers on Retail POS.
Optimize marketing promotion funds planning by creating and allocating promotion funds across multiple customer groups (hierarchies),products, and trade allowance agreements.
Flexibly accommodate diverse promotional contracts through three different allowance types (i.e. bill backs, off invoice discounts, and lump sums). Promotions can be based on tiered amount- or quantity-targets periodic accumulation method, or per invoice.
Improve control over trade allowance contracts by supporting the approval process with workflow.
Simplify claim processing through automatic creation and accrual of claims and the bill-back workbench.
Settle payments through integration with accounts receivables module and process.
Manage and settle customer invoice short pays in deduction workbench.
Improve the future effectiveness of promotion programs by analyzing fund details and actual cost reports.
Have a quantified basis for ongoing and future negotiations on promotions as based on actual versus planned quantity and sales graphs. This module includes a new Trade Allowance Management analysis cube.
Reduce the administrative burden and errors associated with promotion performance monitoring and claim processing. Improve cash flow forecasts through accruing for future receivables and have a quantified basis for ongoing and future negotiations on rebates with the vendor.
Accommodate different types of vendor promotion programs and rebate conditions by registering details of the negotiated rebate agreements with individual vendors or groups of vendors as based on tiered amount- or quantity targets, period accumulation method, or per invoice, for individual products or groups of products.
Improve control of vendor rebate contracts by including them in the workflow approval process.
Speed up rebate claims collection by automatically passing them as posted vendor invoices (credits) to standard A/P processing.
Improve analytical overview of the vendor rebates by using the enhanced purchase cube.
Accommodate diverse broker contracts by registering details of the negotiated agreements with individual vendors, customers or groups of customers, based on tiered amount- or quantity-targets.
Allow for flexible claim approval and differential amounts handling.
Incur the broker fee yourself or pass it on to the customer.
Improve cash flow accuracy through accruing broker payments as future liabilities.
Accommodate diverse royalty contracts by registering details of the negotiated agreements with individual vendors, based on tiered amount- or quantity-accumulation, category-based item selection, and royalty amount definitions including fixed, percentage, and amount per unit.
Automate vendor invoice posting for royalty amounts.
Improve decision-making by defining evaluation criteria upfront and improve management of Request for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposal (RFPs) and Request for Quote (RFQs) from solicitation to award.
Enhance the vendor/government contractor experience and help vendors operate more efficiently by providing the ability to view and respond to open RFQs. This allows the proposal of item or services substitutes or no bid, and gives visibility into the status and results of a solicitation (for Public Sector). This includes a publicly available vendor portal and open bidding.
Increase sourcing efficiencies through well-defined scoring criteria and rank vendor responses based on multiple criteria.
Manage solicitations including specification of solicitation types, methods, scoring criteria, and track and communicate changes to the RFQ. Utilize sealed bid methodology on RFQs and provide questionnaires to qualify vendors to bid on specific items or services.
Enjoy an intuitive vendor portal experience. It’s easy to find what you’re looking for and respond quickly.
Score, evaluate, and rank all bids based on user-defined evaluation criteria.
Empower sales associates in store with a Modern Point of Sale supporting the basics including tender/transaction, but also extending into rich clienteling, real-time inventory look-up, as well as back office capabilities at the employee’s fingertips.
Create orders and quotations—pulling inventory from any channel or location—without leaving the customer’s side using POS-based order support capabilities.
Engage with customers through assisted sales using rich customer purchase intelligence regardless of what channel they shop in.
Provide employees immersive and richer experiences through roletailored POS UI, support of multiple platforms, multiple devices (e.g. tablets and phones), as well as integration to peripherals (e.g. receipt printers, scanners).
Empower employees through highly flexible and rich inventory management, daily operations and KPI reporting, and engaging customer data including omni-channel wish-lists.
Modern Point of Sale (or Modern POS or MPOS) refers to the “next gen” Point of Sale that is mobile and capable of running on various form factors like tablets, phones, phablets, etc. Modern POS works in conjunction with Retail Server, and the rest of all the retail components including Retail Headquarters, Commerce Data Exchange (CDX).
Item detail pages provide rich product details from multiple channels/sources, while custom content from any source can be inserted directly into the POS interface to drive powerful customer experiences.
Purpose-built POS components are natively integrated into Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 with fault tolerance to capture transactions when store connectivity is lost.
“Drag-and-drop” designer allows POS UI customization by role to enhance customer service and help reduce training time for new employees.
Powerful capabilities include on-account, global voucher, returns management, info codes, returns/voids/ markdowns, inventory receipt/lookup/counts, real-time customer record and loyalty program updates, blind close, time clock, and floating till.
Fully Integrated on-line store front with content management via industry standard tools.
Unique search-based technology builds on-line experience from managed content, authored content, catalogues, and more to deliver the most accurate, timely and consistent experience.
Historical click pattern and device recognition ensure that content is personal and relevant.
Deliver out-of-box shopping experiences including multi-language storefront, flexibility in delivery options (e.g. splitting orders, buy online pick-up in store).
Deploy the solution rapidly and reduce time to value through multiple out of the box storefronts with publishing and checkout flows, with full access to customize the storefront.
Define campaigns and promote through social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Build campaigns once and distribute through multiple channels including eCommerce storefront and provide flexible redemption capabilities.
Improve customer engagement on eCommerce storefront including: customer specific pricing, Omni-channel wish list (e.g. customer can build and save wish lists online, across sites accessed in store through the modern POS), customer account management, buying and redeeming gift card support, accruing and redeeming loyalty as well as the ability to sell kit items.
- Define and manage mail-order catalogues including the products associated to the catalogue, specific catalogue pricing, catalogue related call scripts and ability to link a catalogue to one or more targeted mailing lists.
- Gain insight into promotional response rate tracking by creating specific key codes or source codes tied to the catalogue which are linked to the sale in order entry.
- Define an ongoing product club, continuity program (i.e. book of the month) and the schedule of products to be sent to customers who purchase into this program.
- Specify kit price different than component prices, substitute kit components, assemble and disassemble kits, sell across any channel.
- Offer threshold discounts: Discounts based on the total transaction value (e.g. R10 off when you buy R100 or more).
- Set category pricing rules: Mark-up or margin pricing for categories of products.
- Mix and match discount participate in retail discount concurrency rules.
- Manage pricing/discounts for catalogues and catalogue products, and affiliations.
- Record all discounts across all channels and report on them.
- Accommodate a variety of scenarios including points by department/ category, redeemable/non-redeemable points, and applicability by channels, loyalty tiers, date effective, etc. with loyalty schemes designed to be flexible.
- Configure various loyalty programs, loyalty tiers and loyalty tier rules.
- Manually set a loyalty card tier for a period of time, associate discounts to loyalty programs and loyalty tiers.
- Issue loyalty card and view loyalty card details in any channel as well as option of accrual/redemption of loyalty points in any channel.
- Manage gift cards seamlessly regardless of channel: for example by selling and accepting gift cards in retail channels that span legal entities (e.g. global).
- Support selling and redeeming gift cards across all channels – POS, mobile clients, eCommerce, call centers.
End-to-end customer service, fast customer keyword search, fast order entry and assisted sale, as well as enhanced order fulfilment.
Integrated pricing, promotions/discounts.
Order hold management (e.g. ability to put orders on hold, review, and cancel/release as needed).
Upsell/cross-sell definition (e.g. pop ups during call centre order entry to provide suggestions of additional products to be sold).
Ability to define call centre scripting at the start of order, end of order, by product or cross-sell/upsell and catalogue-specific scripts.
Detailed order and order line status including partially shipped and backordered information.
RFM (Recency, Frequency and Monetary) scoring of customers.
Out of Balance parameters and hold capabilities for managing under and over payments.
Manage mail-order catalogues, for example the ability to sell or return products that are not assorted to the store, but may be in a specific catalogue.